Skip to main content

I Need A Rest


I Need a Rest


Car hidden behind curtains of rain
So many fake smiles to mask the pain
Words said half in childish jest
You keep talking but the words mean nothing
So shut your mouth and let me recline
And list all the failings I know are mine

I need a break from all of this
I need a rest from all of the stress
Acquiesce to the distress

Counting stars, drenched and losing belief
Covered in apathy with no sign of relief
Vacancy in the bedroom
Loneliness faces me behind the door
So keep your laughter to yourself
Shut your mouth I’m getting bored

I need a break from all of this
I need a rest from all of the stress
Acquiesce to the distress

The letter that I treasure
From the young clever professor
Burdened with his farce
Parade of unsaid and impure thoughts
Looking into the eye of a cave
Enslaved to moments of doubt
Shut your mouth

I need a break from this world
I need a rest
In the cold your car waits in vain
Umbrella to shied from the rain
You’re not needed anymore

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Violin

That Violin That violin’s been playing too long, That boring screechy mournful song, Those diamonds have lost their shine, You’ve lost yours and I’ve lost mine, That fire’s not quite burnt out, It’s all kept safely in your eyes. There’s sparkles all about That shimmer I despise Lies hidden and dies. That violin’s all drained of sound now, The player’s dead and in the ground now, No-one played at his wake, Reputation was at stake. That fire’s not quite burnt out, It’s all kept safely in those eyes, There’s money all about, That greed we all despise, Lies with him and dies. That violin lies unused on the corner of my street, Broken strings and broken heart misses every beat, That 50p I threw in his hat Every day and that was that. That fire’s not quite burnt out, It’s kept safely in those eyes, There’s regret all about, Feelings I despise, Remorse never dies.