Skip to main content

Falsetto


Falsetto

She’s being the queen with strappy stilettos and tiny handbag
She’s strutting through my house like she owns it

He’s breaking in like he knows what he means
He’s talking to me like he thinks I’m listening

They’re kissing like no one can see them
They’re smiling like they’ve never been happier

I’m despairing quietly by myself
I’m crying into my hands

You’re looking at me like you know what’s wrong
You’re looking at me and bursting into song

A high pitched voice
Like everything else in this room

Falsetto

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Violin

That Violin That violin’s been playing too long, That boring screechy mournful song, Those diamonds have lost their shine, You’ve lost yours and I’ve lost mine, That fire’s not quite burnt out, It’s all kept safely in your eyes. There’s sparkles all about That shimmer I despise Lies hidden and dies. That violin’s all drained of sound now, The player’s dead and in the ground now, No-one played at his wake, Reputation was at stake. That fire’s not quite burnt out, It’s all kept safely in those eyes, There’s money all about, That greed we all despise, Lies with him and dies. That violin lies unused on the corner of my street, Broken strings and broken heart misses every beat, That 50p I threw in his hat Every day and that was that. That fire’s not quite burnt out, It’s kept safely in those eyes, There’s regret all about, Feelings I despise, Remorse never dies.