Skip to main content

Get Your Hands Away From Me


 
Get your hands away from me
 
Her smile radiates dark rooms
Your eyes signify death and gloom
Your youth faded and
Intelligence decayed
 
She says
I’m flattered but
I am not aroused by
Your aging sexless body
Get your hands away from me
 
She says
I may be sexually juvenile
But you’re outdated and not in style
Clinging to dead values
Get your hands away from me
 
She says get your wrinkled hands away from me
You’re spitting as you talk and
Hobbling as you walk
Decrepit and decaying
Hips no longer swaying
Get your hands away from her
Get your hands away from her
 
When she was at university
You were already dreaming of retirement
And the lines that you used an age ago
Are the lines you still use now
You feel so lonely you could die
You feel so lonely it’s like you died
She says get your hands away from me

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Violin

That Violin That violin’s been playing too long, That boring screechy mournful song, Those diamonds have lost their shine, You’ve lost yours and I’ve lost mine, That fire’s not quite burnt out, It’s all kept safely in your eyes. There’s sparkles all about That shimmer I despise Lies hidden and dies. That violin’s all drained of sound now, The player’s dead and in the ground now, No-one played at his wake, Reputation was at stake. That fire’s not quite burnt out, It’s all kept safely in those eyes, There’s money all about, That greed we all despise, Lies with him and dies. That violin lies unused on the corner of my street, Broken strings and broken heart misses every beat, That 50p I threw in his hat Every day and that was that. That fire’s not quite burnt out, It’s kept safely in those eyes, There’s regret all about, Feelings I despise, Remorse never dies.